Job Title: Manager Information Systems and Technology
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited - Concord
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Strategic Development
Job Purpose Summary
The Manager Information Systems and Technology is responsible for the effective operation of Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) services and support across the organization, as well as identifying, selecting and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives. This incumbent oversees IS&T project management, resource management, supervision of IS&T staff, as well as communication with executive team, business unit leaders, and end users. The Manager IS&T is also responsible for the strategic and tactical planning focusing on design, development, implementation and maintenance of operating systems and business applications, technical recommendations, talent attraction and development, security and ensuring the continuity of normal operating business conditions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Information Systems and Technology
- Provide strategic direction in optimizing SAP ERP solutions and manage the enhancements.
- Direct and implement the necessary controls and procedures to cost effectively protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Provide guidance and direction for the physical protection of information systems assets to other functional units.
- Control access to IS&T facilities; develop and program utilities to secure and safeguard hardware and software, and to assist in access control of the facilities.
- Provide management oversight for the Company’s IS&T infrastructure (hardware, software, telephone, mobile devices, networking equipment- SAN, switches routers, virtual environment and data retention); including strategic direction, selection, standardization, negotiation and management of the vendor relationships.
- Develop string communications with Senior & Functional Management to ensure IS&T systems meet the business requirements with the ability to scale as the business grows.
- Control expenses within the department and is responsible for meeting budget goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage the IS&T capital program, operations and training budget with cost savings the mandate, wherever possible.
- Ensure all IS&T systems and infrastructures are secure, available, reliable and responsive through the development, implementation and maintenance of procedures, processes and solutions.
- Provide overall management and development of the organizations internet and intranet presence (domains, websites, B2B, e-commerce, portals, Cloud Based services, etc.)
- Formalize IS&T processes for expenditures, projects and operations (Incident, Problem, Change, Configure, Release).
- Ensure suitable and effective end-user support service and training are established and maintained at all locations.
- Manage all necessary systems and technology documentation including maintaining appropriate licenses.
- Maintain and further develop an IS&T business continuity/disaster recovery plan.
- Develop, improve and annually test the Business Continuity Plan at the hosted external Data Center to ensure IS&T can respond to an interruption, that provides business applications to ALL remote locations.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
- Responsible for vendor relationships, contract negotiations, and procurement activities for equipment and services.
- Maintain oversight of all IS&T projects/programs. Create and present status reports as required to Senior Management.
- Lead, coach, mentor and motivate subordinates by conducting annual employee performance and goal reviews and holding regular employee and departmental meetings.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process and employee performance management issues.
- Understand, support, and adhere to the company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to coworkers and subordinates.
Health and Safety
Understand, support, and adhere to the company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to coworkers and subordinates.
- Participate in Company quarterly inventory counts.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the CFO.
- 7+ years’ experience working within a senior IS&T management role for a medium or large sized company with multiple locations, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Completed degree in computer science or other related discipline.
- Project Management certifications (PMP or CAPM) an asset.
- Microsoft technical certifications, courses and/or experience.
- Experienced with SAP ERP systems in a medium sized company with multiple locations.
- Experienced managing the IS&T infrastructure of a medium sized company with multiple locations.
- Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Office and plant environment.
- Travel required.
- Overtime as required.