Material Handler - Plant
Bailey Metal Products Limited
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose of this position is to handle and store finished products as per yard plan warehouse layout and rack capacities; assist in strapping & managing carts; provide required coils to the machine operators; check against quality and packaging standards; dump scraps into bins; verifying the instructions on the finished products lifts; and handle finished goods; place them in appropriate location; and coordinate with shipping personnel.
This position significantly contributes to the over all production function of Bailey Metal Products Limited. If the finished products are not stored properly, it may result into product losses. It will have significant impact on productivity of warehouse personnel, and thereby impacts profits
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The individual is responsible to stack finished products as per yard plan, rack capacities and warehouse layout, supply steel coils to the Machine Operators, assist in strapping and check against quality and packaging standards. The individual is responsible for the safe operation of forklift, pre-use inspection and adhering to health and safety act, rules and regulations. The individual is responsible for achieving day today targets given by supervisor or lead hand
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct pre-use inspection for forklifts before using forklifts, document and operate forklifts safely. Ensure supervision is obtained while handling long finished products.
- Assist in strapping and ensure that empty carts are available for operators to use
- Check against quality & packaging standards before moving the lifts for shipping or stacking purpose. Report any non-conformance items to supervisor or lead hand ASAP
- Distribute finished goods to the designated areas as per yard plan & warehouse layout and stack finished materials safely to minimize product damages. Use blocks if required.
- Coordinate daily with warehouse supervisor to check warehouse requirements for specific orders / long length products etc.
- Receive and unload materials such as steel coils, cartons etc, from trucks and trailers and verify the incoming materials against the packing list.
- Assist with outbound Plant and Warehouse truck and trailer loading.
- Supply required steel coils as requested by the machine operators without any errors
- Crane load coil if certified.
- Gather and safely transfer and empty scraps / wooden skids to bins.
- Abide by all Health & Safety rules and requirements laid out by the Company
- Able to work shift work as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping inside and outside the plant
- Provide any other assistance as requested by supervisor or lead hand
- Five years of experience in operating a tow motor in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of equipment / tools such as tow motor, strapping machine, and natural gas re-fuel station.
- Sound knowledge of steel coil sizes, gauges etc and Bailey’s finished products, lift configurations, sizes and weights, product stacking requirements,
- Able to work in shifts on a rotating basis if required
- High school graduate, proficient in speaking and writing English
- Personal attributes include ethical, open-minded, observant, and tenacious
- Quick learner, Team Player with initiatives and capable of meeting deadlines
The individual should be able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting all safety requirements. The work assigned must be completed correctly and in a timely manner.
Physically capable of meeting the demands of operating a forklift safely. (Ex: vision). Should be able to strap the lifts as required. Physically able to lift materials up to 50 pounds
The Bailey Group of Companies welcomes and encourages diverse work teams and welcomes diversity and inclusion. All applicants who apply will be considered. Candidates with disabilities will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We encourage those who may need accommodations to reach out to our recruitment team so we may understand your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
View job posting PDF below:
Job Posting - Material Handler (Plant)
Apply at email@example.com.