Job Title: Shipper/Receiver
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited – Edmonton, AB
Department: Warehouse Shipping
Reports to: Bailey Warehouse Manager
Purpose and Scope of the position
The main purpose of the position is to support the receiving and loading functions. It includes
loading onto trucks; receiving goods; documentation; inventory counting; picking the ordered
materials; assembling orders into lift configurations; marking shipping instructions onto crates;
and packaging as per customer order. This also involves verifying all shipments.
This position significantly contributes to the over all shipping function of Bailey Metal Products
Limited. If the materials are not picked and packaged correctly, it will have significant impact on
Bailey in terms of back charges, loss of customers etc.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / EXPECTATIONS
The individual is expected to receive goods and pick-up ordered materials correctly as per each
customer order and make it ready for loading. The individual is also responsible for the safe
operation of the forklift, pre-use inspection and adhering to health and safety act, rules and
regulations. The individual is responsible for achieving day to day targets given by the
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with dispatcher, supervisor & driver to understand
loading requirements and
load safely, completely and accurately. Verify with the driver after
loading all necessary
paperwork and load safety.
- Examine incoming shipments for damage, unload, unpack, verify type and
material, reject damaged items, record shortages, sign and date shipping
pass completed documents to the supervisor and report any discrepancies
- Pick Bailey products as per customer orders, and assemble and prepare
- Carry out inventory count.
- Verify the quantities and the type of products to be put into lifts as
per the picking ticket
- Mark, stamp, stencil information and shipping instructions onto crates
or lifts according to
customer requirements and quality control standards
- Coordinate & load flat bed trucks and box trucks
- Use the supplied equipment and tools in a safe manner
- Examine all outgoing shipments and compare items against bill of
lading, picking tickets,
invoices, orders or other records to ensure order accuracy and load
- Tape broken boxes, re-face, and or repackage product under
- Abide by all Health & Safety rules and
requirements laid out by the Company
- Serve customers promptly. Must be courteous to customers and other
- Participate in all type of training (job, quality and safety) arranged
by the Company
- Carry out any other work assigned by the supervisor or management.
- 5-6 years of warehousing and forklift experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of safe operating procedure for forklift and license is essential
- Excellent knowledge of equipment / tools such strapping machine, chop saw, mobile ladder,
two-way radio, tape measure etc.
- 100% Bailey’s product knowledge, lift configurations, sizes and weights, product stacking
requirements, product stocking areas and container loading
- Able to work rotating shift work and long hours to complete customer orders and loading.
- High school graduate, proficient in speaking and writing English
- Personal attributes include ethical, open-minded, observant, and tenacious
- Quick learner, Team Player with initiatives and capable of meeting deadlines
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The individual should be able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting all safety
requirements. The work assigned must be completed correctly and in a timely manner.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs of weight and physically capable of meeting the demands of
operating a forklift safely.
- No equipment, tools, machinery will be used without authorization and training
- Gloves are provided by Bailey Metal and must be worn at all times
- Workers must be alert to all traffic and movement in the warehouse areas.
- At no time will an employee walk under a raised lift of material.
- Perform manual material handling using proper safety techniques.
- All loose material on the ground or in racks must be picked up during picking orders.
- Report all potential hazards, accidents and near misses promptly to the supervisor
- Comply with all Company policies including safety policies, programs and practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and activities required of this position.
view job posting PDF below:
Job Posting - Shipping Shipping-Receiver Edmonton