Job Title: Machine Operator / Bundler (Afternoon Shift)
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited - Montreal
Reports to: Production Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose is to operate, adjust and set up assigned mill lines independently while meeting production, quality and safety requirements.
This position significantly contributes to the over all production function of Bailey Metal Products Limited.
The individual will operate, adjust and set up assigned mill lines independently with average 90% productivity following training. It involves loading steel coils, setting up steel coils, make necessary adjustments for passing steel strip through roll forms, inspecting for quality, operating machine, transferring finished products into cartons and onto skids and monitoring roll forming operation. It will also involve operating overhead cranes, and at times a forklift.
The individual should be able to identify immediate quality problems by performing scheduled sampling and performing operator checks as per quality procedures and comparing with required product standards. The individual is expected to manually handle finished products and prepare cartons for finish packaging. The individual is responsible for compliance with safety act and regulations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Load steel and paper coil onto uncoilers using crane.
- Tighten uncoiler and cut straps on the coil.
- Guide the steel into processing areas (rolls) using jogging controls.
- Activate machine using control panel by selecting the order type. Clear any jam-ups.
- Set up or adjust rolls and conduct quality inspection to check product conformance.
- Gather products, strap into bundles, place bundles onto wagon and apply product identification.
- Prepare all required production and safety related reports and forward to the Supervisor.
- Complete any other work assigned by Supervisor / Leadhand / Plant Manager.
- Ensure that co-workers / helpers work safely and report all unsafe practices.
- Abide by all Health & Safety rules, safe practices and requirements laid out by Bailey.
- Working knowledge of hand tools such as, tin snips, tape measures and calipers etc.
- Able to operate forklift and overhead crane preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking and writing in English or French.
- Personal attributes include ethical, open-minded, observant, and tenacious.
- Quick learner, team player with initiatives and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced / team based environment
- Meet all safety requirements
- Work must be completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Able to work shifts.
- Able to lift products weighting up to 50lbs.
Apply at email@example.com.